Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Internal synthesizer EWS64XL

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ringo64's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear friends,
    I would like to use my ews64xl as a sampled drum machine...but I'm not able to use all the outputs for the internal synthesizer...
    For example I would like to use output Left 1 for kick, output Right 1 for snare, output 2 Left for Hi hat and so on....Is it possible?
    At this moment I only can address sampled sounds (Internal sinth) only to output 1?

    Thank you in advance.

    RINGO 64

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member raddaqii's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if you use midi-triggered samples, you can use the corresponding controllers, you get the numbers from the manuals. there are two of them: stereo-panning, and out1-out2. can easily be done for each and every midi-channel. just find the controller numbers, and work yourself into using them.


    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member juzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I've never even tried that one... I remember reading about this somewhere, though; Is it that I need to disable effects in order to use both the outputs?
    My apologies for being too lazy to search the manual... wink

  4. #4
    Inactive Member raddaqii's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, yes. You need to disable the effects tou se all four outputs.
    Isn't this something we all grew to love on our EWS64, really. *sigh*
    But still, as a workaround, it is possible to use all four outputs with wavs as well. So why not resample them internally, including the EWS-based effects you want, and play them back in cubase or some other decent sequencer? That gives you the the option of having other plug-in effects as well.

    I confess, sometimes I wish I had another sound card, one that allows card-based effects via an effects panel.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •